Baked Honey Sriracha Wings
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-honey-Siracha-wings-209×300.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-honey-Siracha-wings-209×300.jpg” width=”209″ height=”300″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”CQ-honey Siracha wings”][/url]
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- FOR THE HONEY SRIRACHA GLAZE
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha*
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, butter, vegetable oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime.
- Brush wings with Sriracha glaze and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.