Feta & Spinach Couscous Patties
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat couscous
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup shredded seeded cucumber
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup silken tofu
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup snipped fresh dill
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups sliced or torn green leaf lettuce
- Grape tomatoes, halved, for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in couscous, cover and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Mash tofu with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add spinach, feta, dill, onion, pepper, the remaining ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the couscous; stir until well combined.
- Form into 8 patties, using about ½ cup for each.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to the lowest setting.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 patties and cook, turning once, until lightly golden on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Serve over lettuce, topped with the yogurt sauce and garnished with tomatoes, if desired.