Pumpkin & Black Bean Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar
- Cook ground beef in stock pot until brown, drain, and return to pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (besides the sour cream and cheese, of course) and stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream and cheddar.
- This chili is perfect with some good cornbread!