Recipe Type: Appetizer
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/b2-300×300.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/b2-300×300.jpg” width=”300″ height=”300″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”b2″][/url]
- 20 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds*
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 20 3/4-inch-thick slices baguette-style French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Rinse shrimp.
- In a large skillet, cook shrimp in a large amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Drain well.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, goat cheese, lemon juice, and honey; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, arugula, onion, pumpkin seeds, and salad dressing; set aside.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted, turning bread over once.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on one side of toasted baguette slices.
- Top each with a shrimp and some of the arugula mixture.
- If desired, top each with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 20 appetizers
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.