Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas
Recipe Type: Appetizer
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/b3-200×300.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/b3-200×300.jpg” width=”200″ height=”300″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”b3″][/url]
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs (about 4)
- 16 ounces Beer (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 5 burrito-size Flour Tortillas (9 inches)
- 6 ounces Queso Quesadilla or other melting cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil, or cooking spray
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450*F.
- Put the chicken thighs in a deep sided saute pan and cover with the beer and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred it.
- Mix together the chicken and seasonings.
- Pour out all but ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook over low heat until for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Cut the tortillas in half.
- Spoon 1/10th of the chicken (about 1 tablespoon) along the long edge of a tortilla.
- Repeat with the spinach and cheese.
- Roll the tortilla up, starting with the straight edge.
- Place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brush the flautas with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn them over and bake for until 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve with salsa.