Vegetable Pasta Salad
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Veggie-Pasta-Salad-300×225.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Veggie-Pasta-Salad-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”CQ-Veggie Pasta Salad”][/url]
- 2 oz. bow tie pasta
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium broccoli crown
- ½ medium red onion
- ⅔ (15 oz.) jar roasted red peppers
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ tsp salt
- to taste fresh cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables (squash, zucchini, broccoli, tomato, onion, parsley, red pepper).
- Give the vegetables a good wash and then cut into bite sized pieces (onions and red pepper thinly sliced; parsley removed from stems and chopped).
- While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, chopped vegetables, and vinaigrette.
- Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.