Chicken Wings with Angry Sauce
Recipe Type: Super Bowl Food
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Angry-Wings-300×300.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Angry-Wings-300×300.jpg” width=”300″ height=”300″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”CQ- Angry Wings”][/url]
- 6 pounds chicken wings (about 24), tips discarded and wings split
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Korean Chile paste
- 2 tablespoons Korean Chile powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the wings, skin side up, to the prepared baking sheets and roast them for about 45 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish with a pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Add the crispy wings to the Chile sauce, toss to coat and garnish with the sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve hot.