Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Red-Velvet-Hot-Cocoa1-290×300.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-Red-Velvet-Hot-Cocoa1-290×300.jpg” width=”290″ height=”300″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”CQ-Red Velvet Hot Cocoa”][/url]
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. red food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Start by pouring the heavy whipping cream into a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar.
- Begin mixing on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Right before it peaks and stiffens, stop mixing.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- That’s it for the whipped cream.
- Store it in the fridge while we work on the hot chocolate.
- Heat the 4 cups of milk in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and salt, stirring continually until combined and completely warmed. Add the food coloring and stir to combine.
- Top with cream cheese whipped cream and lightly sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.