Easy White Chicken Chili
[url href=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-White-chicken-chili.jpg”][img src=”http://cookingqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CQ-White-chicken-chili.jpg” width=”250″ height=”250″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”CQ-White chicken chili”][/url]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil until the chicken is browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, cut into 1-inch pieces, and return to the Dutch oven; add chicken broth, cannellini, green chilies, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add tortilla chips on top.
- Don’t drain or rinse beans to thicken sauce.
- Sour cream is also an option.
- Pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and save even more time.
- Divide cilantro among 4 bowls.
- Ladle chili over cilantro and top with cheese.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.